Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Saturday trip to the nearby Antique Mall gave time for reflection and a realization that crochet books are becoming a thing of the past.  With new technology replacing books of all sorts.  Information is now being downloaded and printed inside of people's homes.  I treasure the old patterns and I love the antique look that these patterns produce.  Of course I love looking at the ready made antique pieces that I see already at the antique malls but, the ones that I get the satisfaction of producing and placing my name on are new with the vintage look.  Today I wanted to share my vintage pattern books so that everyone could see what I work from.
I can't believe how much patterns cost these days in comparison to what the books used to cost.  Many  of my books were only 10cents at the time they were sold and now cost me as much as 8.00.  Sometimes I find them at garage and yard sales too.  Here is what some of my books look like.


I hope this will add more appreciation to the work that I do.  ~Becky Van Loozen McCarty
"This is the beginning of a new day. God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or use it for good. What I do today is important, because I'm exchanging a day of my life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever, leaving in its place something that I have traded for it. I want it to be gain, not loss; good, not evil; success, not failure; in order that I shall not regret the price I paid for it." -Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment